Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FilterPipelinePrint trojan? - Can't Delete

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Carman1979

Carman1979

• Pip
  • 3 posts
We live in the country and have a download maximum per day. I have never had trouble with this, until I was checking email, and suddenly it looked like someone was attacking me with pop ups and my anti virus was suddenly blocking things like crazy. I panicked and turned off the computer. :) Now it seems my computer is downloading and uploading something without my permission, because my daily allowance goes quickly.

DefenderPro and Lavasoft Adaware don't seem to find anything suspicious on my computer. But I started looking through my C drive to see what I could find, and in my top level C drive is a folder named 5985b0826849845f5ab3 which contains two folders, amd64 and i386. It seemed strange to me that they would be there. Inside are a bunch of .dll and other files with filterpipelineprint in the names. I have researched and it looks like it can be a common trojan.

I tried deleting it (access denied), tried deleting them from the command line (it says they are deleted, but they don't go anywhere). Tried moveonboot, no luck. Tried file assassin - which says they have been successfully unlocked but can't be deleted. Everything says access denied. Of course they are marked read-only, and I can't seem to change that. And that is the extent of my deleting knowledge - I'm stuck.

OTL files are attached.
Thank you so much!

Advertisements