Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

firefox problem...get 'open with'......

• Please log in to reply

fullspeed2

fullspeed2

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Today my AVG popped up and said that it had detected 2 potential threats...so i clicked to let it quarantine them. I was using firefox at the time and ever since, when i double click my firefox icon, i get the "open with" box...so i choose firefox from the list and it opens....

I opened control panel to try to remove firefox thinking that i could just download it again and it would fix everything. When i tried to open the add/remove feature i got a 'rundll32.exe' not found. So, somethings up.

any thoughts??

thanks in advance

fullspeed

forgot to mention.....i did the avg scan (most thorough) and it said that 2 files were found and 'healed'...but i still have the same symptoms

Advertisements

fullspeed2

fullspeed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
just got back on puter today, now the calculator wont open....somethings in my system....

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,960 posts
Hi fullspeed2,

I think it may be best for you to have your system checked a bit more thoroughly by our experts. Please follow the instructions in our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and post the logs requested in our Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal Forum by clicking on the Start New Topic button.

They are quite busy there so please be patient. One of the experts will be with you momentarily.

Thank you!

Donna :)