Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

M2V-TVM

• Please log in to reply

Charlot

Charlot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been struggling to connect these front panel connectors with the case. I connected them according to the user manual of the motheboard but unfortunately none worked. Can you please give me your manual of how to install these connectors

http://dlcdnet.asus....710_m2v-tvm.pdf

This is the link for the usermanual.. I can't understand these connectors ..Which is the positive or negative side.. Have been trying over a week now..

THE MODEL OF THE MOTHERBOARD IS ... ASUS M2V - TVM

THANKS and REGARDS

Advertisements

Charlot

Charlot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Please someone help me

Charlot

Charlot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Please someone help me

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,779 posts
Hi Charlot :)
A tip for you that I use, take a digital photograph of the header on the MB
you can then put the SD card in a computer, select the image and zoom in on
the pins on the MB to get more detail.

I have been struggling to connect these front panel connectors with the case.

What particular connections are they power switch, reset button etc? What is working and what is not!
Are you aware that not all MBs and cases have corresponding connections as in you may not use all of
the case connections, an example of this is a MB with an onboard speaker will not have header pins for
a case speaker.
Do the end connections have any identification writing on them? If not trace each wire back to where it
is connected then write down the colour of the wires and what it connects to, each connection should
have a colour and a white wire which is the ground, when this is done draw a sketch of a row of 5 pins
with a row of 4 pins above it and then add along side each pin what connector goes on it, lay the PC on
its side with the front panel header to the bottom right hand corner by your right leg, the colours I`m
going to use here are only examples but you may end up with something like this below;
Orange/White Red/White 0
PLED/PLED PWR/GND
HDLED/HDLED GND/Reset
*Green/White White/Blue X*
*One of these may be a 3 wire connection but the principal should be the same.

I hope this helps get you sorted and let us know how it works out or if we can help you further.
For future reference all staff and members are volunteers who give their time freely to help others but
we all have other obligations and it is inevitable that sometimes there is a delay in someone coming to
your assistance but bumping your OP after less than an hour is bad etiquette, thank you for your understanding.

Charlot

Charlot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am very sorry, and you have to excuse me....

About the motherboard...nothing has happened now I have connected the pled vertically on the two first pins and the yellow bulb of the tower has lit up...so something is happening...but when I try to switch it on nothing happens...The motherboard is ASUS M2V TVM

Thanks for your time and excuse me
Charlot Attard

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
What case do you have? You have to match up the case wires with the motherboard wires. The pinouts of the case should be listed in the manual.

The correct pages in your motherboard manual are 1-26 (USB Header), 1-27 (Front Panel Audio) and 1-29 (System Panel Connector). Typically the USB and Audio plugs are all together and only fit one way. The only ones that are a pain, are the ones for the power switch, reset switch and HDD LED. Only because they are so difficult to get on the pins right unless you have the hands of a 5 year old. :)

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 23 May 2011 - 09:03 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,779 posts

I am very sorry, and you have to excuse me....

About the motherboard...nothing has happened now I have connected the pled vertically on the two first pins and the yellow bulb of the tower has lit up...so something is happening...but when I try to switch it on nothing happens...The motherboard is ASUS M2V TVM

Thanks for your time and excuse me
Charlot Attard

Please re-read post #4 were I suggest the best way to place your computer when attempting to fit your front panel connections!

I have connected the pled vertically on the two first pins
This is not how they go on, hopefully not but you can short out the MB by connecting the wrong pins

Place the computer as described and put the connections on horizontally (flat).