Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how can i restore toshiba satellite c650-1cp without disk or passwords

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 20 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Advertisements

cola_fiend2003

cola_fiend2003

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I thank you very much for your solution to getting into my laptop. I too had a pw entered and forhgotten. I followed your steps (the '0' key solution) and it booted right into the recovery mode. Kudos.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I thank you very much for your solution to getting into my laptop. I too had a pw entered and forhgotten. I followed your steps (the '0' key solution) and it booted right into the recovery mode. Kudos.

Congratulations cola. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

DianneM

DianneM

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a tosiba satellite C655D-S5508 and when i turn it on a screen appears saying that there is no bootable device and i should insert a boot disk but this computer didnt come with any. Please help

Edited by DianneM, 24 September 2012 - 10:05 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
DianneM the first step is to check the bios and see if the hard drive is identified there.
To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

DianneM

DianneM

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I turned on the computer and when i saw the toshiba logo i pressed the CF2 key and went into setup and went to boot options and IT IS AS FOLLOWS:

1. CD/DVD
2. HDD/SSD
3. USB
4. FDD
5. LAN

and i pressed F10 and saved and exited. The same screen about no cable connection and no bootable device and insert boot disk comes up. what else to do?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the boot order will not identify the hard drive.
You will need to look around to find someplace that says Detect Drives or something like that or there should be a place that shows the hard drive and optical drive the system identifies. Normally it is on the General page or main page of the bios.

DianneM

DianneM

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i tried the advance boot options too. All of them in fact and it just shows a blank screen with a cursor on it
when i went into safe mode it just have safe mode in all 4 corners and nothing else just the cursor and blank screen.
turn off it and put it on again the same no bootable device again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No I was referring to in the bios or setup you mentioned before. Some where there should be the information we are looking for.

billnye45

billnye45

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have toshiba satellite c655d-s5508 and I boot it up and get:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copuright © 1997-2000 intel corporation
Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key

Now I tried the technique you offered where you swap drives and it took me back to this. I tried to factory reset it and no luck unless I did it wrong?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
billnye45 your issue is the boot sequence in the bios is set to boot to a network first. You need to go into the bios and make sure the boot sequence is set as follows.

* cdrom
* hard drive
* USB (If available)

If the PXE or network boot is in the sequence then take it out. Make sure to save your settings and exit.Let me know if it works then.

Starman28

Starman28

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have the same problem although I did "make" two discs when I first got the laptop.
Can you help?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Starman which issue are you having?
Not identifying HD
Booting to PXE
Can't get into the bios
Booting to a different drive?
Need to restore to factory settings?

You need to be a little more specific to which problem you are referring to.

Starman28

Starman28

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Sorry factory restore

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried the two disks to do the restore and if so what happened?