Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where to find code for rollover function as follows:

• Please log in to reply

TheWern

TheWern

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
HI,

I am trying to find out how to do a specific function, but now I need it I cant even find an example.

Imagine this:-

There is a page with a list / menu on the left hand side. There is a div on the right which has a picture in it.
As you move your mouse down the list on the left, the correwsponding picture for each item magically replaces the picture in the box on the right.

I have seen this before but cant remember where so I am struggling to find out what it uses or how it is done.

Any ideas?

Your help, is as always, GREATLY apreciated.

Regards, Sandy. :)

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Image Thumbnail Viewer II

Need thumbnail image show large image separately, on mouseover

Edited by AstraNut, 15 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

TheWern

TheWern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi,

Thanks for your reply it has been most useful.

I would however like to ask you / anyone if they can help me take it a step further, and find out if this next step is possible.

My list of names on the left can now bring up a relavent picture on the right when mouse is rolledover the name. This is perfect. What I would like it to do as well though, is when you have found the name you want to select and checked the picture on the right, I want to then click on that name (not the picture) so the user is transfered to that names personal page.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Sandy. :)

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
What you want to do may be possible, but we would have to see the coding of page you now have. Have you tried just putting the list of names in their own link tags for each name?

TheWern

TheWern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi AstraNut,

Thanks for the info. I managed to send a message on website 'Image Thumbnail Viewer II' and they explained how it can be done and sent me modified code for their script. All done now. Thanks again for the pointer.

Regards,

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
You are certainly welcome. If you think it might be helpful to others to post the information, would you do so?