Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

acer mouse pad stoped working

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I opened my Acer laptop this morning to find that the built in track pad and mouse buttons would not work. I restarted my computer, no change. I then ran the recovery program, and there is still no change. I feel like maybe its turned off? But Fn + F7 doesn't do anything and I can't find a on/off option in the mouse settings. It worked fine last night and iv never had a problem with it. The computer was new when I got it in August

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,834 posts
Hi Laiya,

Sorry for the delay.

Welcome to Geeks to go! :unsure:

Let's start with the simplest of solutions first.

Try pressing the Fn key and the F7 key simultaneously. That key combination on the Acer is to enable/disable the touchpad.

Let me know if it helps.

Donna :)