Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ATF Cleaner

• Please log in to reply

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Just a quicky really.

I use ATF every night on closure of my system. As you know it cleans millions of bytes and only takes a few seconds. I like it and never had any trouble.

Question ?

Obviously I know the meaning of "Temporary", they are temporary files created by programs and left as residue. But I read once that some temporary files are more than it seems and deleting them can cause problems. My personal understanding is that they ARE temporary and can be deleted. Programs simply re-create them if needed.

Windows temporary files - they amount to quite large number and up to now I have not had the confidence to delete them.
Can I ?

ATF does not give any details of what is to be deleted, just the result. But BleachBit does. I have 9898 Windows temporary files amounting to 321 MB all under "Documents & Settings - Local Settings - temp"

Many thanks
John

Edited by John Bull, 15 May 2011 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi JB,info. on deleting temp. files :) INFO

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hi JB,info. on deleting temp. files :) INFO

Hello 24th Foot,

I read the INFO and some say DO IT, others say DON`T, which leaves me as I was to start with. So where do I go from here ?

Edited by John Bull, 16 May 2011 - 06:41 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
ATF and TfC are designed to rid your system of ALL temp files. No problem deleting them. :)

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Atf and Tfc are designed to rid your system of ALL temp files. No problem deleting them. :)

My grateful thanks Shaffer, that`s what I like - a positive answer.

I will blow them away tonight, so if I never come back on the Forum, my machine`s integrety has been wrecked.

Attached Thumbnails

• LAFFIN MOUSE.gif

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I will blow them away tonight, so if I never come back on the Forum, my machine`s integrety has been wrecked.

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 18 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.