Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wallpaper Stuck

• Please log in to reply

JamalT

JamalT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sort of a weird problem. I had an issue with my desktop.htt file going missing, so i followed a couple of fixes i found on the net (Using regedit) and managed to get it up and running. Now, when i connect my laptop to my main screen (Graphic Artist) my wallpaper is stuck in the left hand corner. Ran Malwarebytes and i found 3 errors. Uninstalled/rebooted etc and when i run Malwarebytes again the same 3 errors pop up. When its not connected to the monitor the laptop shows the correct wallpaper (Resolution of the pic is higher than both monitors so that isnt the issue)

Attaching a screenshot and the malware log.

untitled.JPG
Attached File  mbam-log-2011-05-16 (22-15-20).txt   1.3KB   27 downloads

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,024 posts
HiJamalT :)
If you suspect your system may have a malware issue I suggest you check out the self help guide at the malware forum http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/ if after following the guide you believe your system may still be infected you need to start a new topic there and not post any malware logs on this forum as they are not used here, provide them with a link to this thread to show them what if any steps have been taken.
Once you get the all clear from the malware guys if the issue is not resolved return here and someone will assist you.

JamalT

JamalT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you. New to this forum so just feeling around at the moment.

J