Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printing problems with Adobe 7.0

• Please log in to reply

baumbusch

baumbusch

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm having printing problems.

I have Windows XP, an hp pavilion zv5000, and a Compaq A4000 printer. The printer has always been good, don't have any problems. Ever since I loaded adobe 7.0 however, every time i try to print a .pdf file, it comes out as gibberish. I use Adobe extensively in my business, help! :tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, have you tried simply uninstalling Acrobat, and then reinstalling it?

jcallis

jcallis

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Try changing your output protocol in the printer device settings, ASCII vs binary.

John

baumbusch

baumbusch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the tips guys, i ended up just uninstalling Adobe 7 and went back to 6. :tazz:

MickeyStoner

MickeyStoner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
John- How do I change those settings? I can't find it in Control Panel, Printers.
I have exactly the same issue- where it is printing gibberish, and I have a Compaq A4000. I've also tried re-installing, but that doesn't help.

THanks,
Michael

jcallis

jcallis

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I get to mine by right clicking on the printer and choosing properties. Then I go to the device settings tab. It may be controlled by the printer driver so yours may be different.

John

MickeyStoner

MickeyStoner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks John for your reply. I checked and there is no place for me to change the output options. Any other ideas?
Cheers,
Michael

Astrotrain

Astrotrain

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ran into that issue with a HP Printer. As it turns out, you could have just told Adobe to
print in B&W rather then color.

Printing in color on Adobe 7.0 is screwy with some printers.

MickeyStoner

MickeyStoner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Astrotrain,
Printing in Black & White didn't make a difference. Still comes out as lots of boxes, lines and incorrect letters. Strange thing is that this doesn't happen on all the adobe files, just some of them...
Thanks,
Michael

baumbusch

baumbusch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
MickeyStoner, I had the same experience, some files printed ok, and some not. To avoid the frustration, I simply deleted 7.0 and reinstalled 6.0. That issue is all over the Adobe Acrobat support forum, and there are some suggestions there, but none of them worked for me. They want you to pay $40 to get the answer. I'm gonna wait to download the next version until they fix that problem.

MickeyStoner

MickeyStoner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, i've just uninstalled version 7.0, and installed version 6.02.
Problem now is that there is no shortcut on my desktop, and I cannot open it by going to Start>Programs, as it's not there...
However, I do see it in the Add/Remove section of Control Panel. Strange! Any ideas?
thanks

baumbusch

baumbusch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Go to my computer, your local disk drive, then program files, then Adobe, then Reader?

MickeyStoner

MickeyStoner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes, it is there, under Program Files. Do you know which file it is that opens the actual reader?

baumbusch

baumbusch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
AcroRd32.exe

MickeyStoner

MickeyStoner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks baumbusch. I uninstalled 6.02 and installed 6.01. All is now working! Thanks again for your help, and thanks to the other posters on this thread too!
xox