Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No option for Out of Office assistant in MS Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

750steve

750steve

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
As above, i cant see any option for 'Out of Office' assistant in MS Outlook 2007, is it hidden somewhere?Its not under tools!!

Another think it does which is really annoying is kinda 'click' a few times randomly & the cursor disappears, the frame round the 'window' changes shade & im unable to type, how do i get ris od this? Does it on closing MS Outlook too!

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
The out-of-office option missing can be that the outex2.ecf file is missing. Try running Help > Office Diagnostics

Vanessa13

Vanessa13

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I just checked mine, and I don't have that option, either. Where is it usually found in OE? I checked and I have the file mentioned above, yet still no option to put on an auto-sig, which I'll need to do, too, in about two week's time.

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
MS Outlook is different to OE.

MS Outlook's out-of-office works via Exchange Server. The sender of an email receives a response whether or not the user is logged on to their email account.

OE uses Message Rules. You set a rule to reply automatically to email received but OE needs to be running and connected to the email server to do this. Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267880