Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Urgent help : Backroom EPOS PC's

• Please log in to reply

spudd01

spudd01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Right way out of my depth here,
said i would help out a friend speed up and fix there crashy backroom pc system.
2 computers (somehow) linked togeather with one screen and a system to switch between the too.
There is a MASTER, and a SLAVE one which has the shop database on and the slave sneds reports to head office i think?

I sorted out all the software problems on both, installed new RAM in the master cleaned out the stupid amounts of dust and now its working perfect. Connect everything back up how it was and works fine.
Clean out the slave, (Even more dust than the first) connect everything back up to the system, and now when i turn it on, it decides to turn on and off by itself for about 30 seconds before starting up. Then it boots fine, but as soon as i use the switch to switch between the too, it shuts down?! and i have to turn the master off to to be able to get the screen switch to work again?
Switch is a hardware box rather than software but use a double tab on the scoll lock button and a number to switch between the 2 pc's

Way out of my depth here, please help!

Many thanks

Spud

EDIT: forgot to mention this is an EPOS system for running stock management and tills in a shop. also from what i can tell it was set up by a company called indigo.

Edited by spudd01, 17 May 2011 - 02:17 AM.

Advertisements