Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Device Manager / multimedia audio controller

• Please log in to reply

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
ok, what part you need a description on? I can talk you thru it.

Advertisements

pigbox

pigbox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
sorry to butt in, but I stubled on this board while looking for something, and have a related question.
youre talking about intergrated soundcards, Im going to buy a new pc soon, and want to use it for music making. if theres intergrated sound on a pc, is that a problem when I want to put my old soundcard in the new pc? years ago, I used to have a p1 and it had intergrated sound, and I couldnt make it work with another card. last few pcs Ive had, didnt have intergrated sound.
Im asking, because if it really makes no diference, Id have a lot more options for buying a used pc.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
hey pigbox,
pretty much any modern motherboard will have integrated sound. its real easy to deactivate it though, so its nothing to worry about.
all you will need to do is go into BIOS, go to integrated peripherals, and turn off the onboard audio. thats also a standard, since many dont want the relatively low quality onboard sound using up system resources.

pigbox

pigbox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
yea I now noticed they all have onboard sound..
okay thanks. :tazz:

br0kengh0st

br0kengh0st

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i know this thread may be kinda dead.. but I need help with the same problem.. im gunna start by trying to get the latest updates. I haven't diabled my onboard sound through the bios... guess i should do that too.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

I haven't diabled my onboard sound through the bios... guess i should do that too

That's the first thing you should have done! :tazz:

makai