Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Playback distorted and slow

• Please log in to reply

Jnita

Jnita

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello everyone,

Hope I can get some assistance as I have tried everything my minimal experience have allowed... and quite frankly my husband is driving me batty ... so please for my sanity :) , can you please assist me.

On playback some of the video playback and sound is distorted and slowed up.
The songs affected are different formats ... mpg,avi,mp4 ... so i assume that it is not subjected to just one format.
Also have tried different players WMP, Winamp, VLC, Nero ,the results are the same.
I have tried some clean up with CCleaner, Mbam (no threats) ... unfortunately I have used the CCleaner's registry function (reading in the forum that i shouldn't) .. although the first time i did this cleanup, it seemed to have worked and the few effected songs played perfect. I have also updated the codec package for XP.
Now it is back again ... and I am sitting with my hands in my hair.
I have tried, on my husbands idea to uninstall WMP, and have since reinstalled WMP11.

Any help and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: have posted my problem at the XP forum as I realised this might be the wrong section...

http://www.geekstogo...back-distorted/

Edited by Jnita, 17 May 2011 - 12:46 PM.

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Please check this reply