Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video playback distorted

• Please log in to reply

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks for the info
The extra fan must blow out and not pull in? I ask since my dad installed extra fan and his temps remained almost the same ... then he turned it around to extract air, and his temps dropped.
I started doing the stress test, but it took a bit long and I decided to rather do it today after work today.
I have downloaded the Riva turner and will have to go and read up first how top use it, as i could see no clear indication of where the fan sets are.
Enjoy your day and i will update later.

Advertisements

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
greetings phillpower2

i have finally done it this weekend and blown out my tower.

screen shot of speedfan attached.

I see the fan that is attached to my PSU is faulty, runs when it wants to. So I will need to replace that soon. I am for now leaving the tower cover off.

Thanks for all your assistance, I really appreciate it.

I am hower still having problems with my screen at start-up and have to reset to have it come on (as per this thread)
http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry2001223

Enjoy your weekend!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• MWSnap616 2011-07-02, 15_00_13.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Hi Jnita
Temps 1 and 2 are anomalous but all other readings look good but this "I see the fan that is attached to my PSU is faulty, runs when it wants to. So I will need to replace that soon" is a concern as if the PSU is faulty it could blow at any time and take the rest of the system with it.
Just to clarify is the faulty fan you mention inside the PSU or inside the case but connected to the PSU.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
The fan is attached to the case, but connected to the power supply.
The reason why i haven't disconected it, i don't know how.
Looks like I will have to go and borrow my dad's tech book to see how to remove it.
I hope disconecting it will at least prevent as blow out like you say ... ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
If it is the same as the one below is simply unplugs, it is called a 4 pin Molex connection.
If the fan has a thermal sensor it may explain it stopping and starting, you may be able to manually adjust the fans settings in Speedfan, here is a guide to using Speedfan http://forum-en.msi....?topic=109858.0

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I have followed the cables and it looks like it is going into box of the psu... so if i follw you correctly then it should comeout and connect to a plug in the image.
I have x2 other pc and cleaned them out too, in one the fan is connected to the motherboard (the ohter doesn't have one .. for some reason .. fujitsu)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
The one on the right plugs into the type on the left.

EDIT: Have you tried Speedfan yet?

Edited by phillpower2, 03 July 2011 - 02:46 PM.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Yes have tried speedfan.
it only shows the one fan. as we discussed before ... i think that it is reading only the GPU or Cpu fan.
what i mean with the fan working when it wants to is that I have to help it to start (with my finger .. LOL), then it runs a bit for about a hour then it stops. i know i am not suppose to do this, therefor i want to disconnet it. i'll attempt this tommorow or when i switch off next.

EDIT: it is the same fan as in your image.

Edited by Jnita, 03 July 2011 - 04:32 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Replacing the fan as soon as possible is a priority, they do not cost much and are not hard to swap.
Avoid putting your hand inside whilst the PC is on,apart from the risk of electrocution you could also damage your computer.

Edited by phillpower2, 03 July 2011 - 04:44 PM.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
thanks phillpower2.
will do asap.

Advertisements