Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All built but won't boot up

• Please log in to reply

unbeliever1865

unbeliever1865

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recently posted on here relating to problems building my computer as the fans wouldn't turn over. I have since found out that the Motherboard was incorrectly listed as being compatible with the processor (AMD Phenon II x6 - check power on the Mobo)

Having purchased a new Mobo and put the computer together it all starts fine until it tries to load windows. I then have a flash of the blue screen of death before it restarts.

When I try the safe mode start it always gets as far as the crcsys.dsk input and then stalls, before flashing me the BSOD again and restarting.

If I take out the sata hard drive it works better, but obviously this is because it isn't interested in trying windows.

Any ideas?

Anyone???!!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Have you installed the drivers for the MB?

unbeliever1865

unbeliever1865

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Whenever I try it tries to make me create a boot disk on a 3.5" disk. Which is strange as it doesn't come with a dive connector. I am then forced into freedos and I can't get any further.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I would pull the motherboard and make sure you have no extra standoffs under it. Remove all but one stick of RAM and all extra USB devices, then all drives. It should boot past POST and halt when trying to find a boot drive.

Treize

Treize

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
What are the specs of your rig?