The problem no longer occurs!!!!
You're most welcome, we are not quite out of the woods just yet so to speak...just a few more tasks and a final check too complete as follows.
Thank you so much for all your assistance!
New Adobe Reader Installation:
- Go here and click on AdbeRdr1001_en_US.exe to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Save this file to your desktop and run it to install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- After the new Reader is installed, Open Adobe Reader X. (Right click and Run as administrator in with Windows 7)
- OK the license.
- Click on Edit and select Preferences.
- Click on the Security (Enhanced) category and Uncheck Automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones.
- Click on the Trust Manager category and Uncheck Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications.
- Click the OK button
- Please download TFC to your desktop,
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Right-click TFC.exe and select Run as Administrator to run the program.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left of TFC
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
ESET Online Scanner:
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Please go here to run the scan...Click on Scan Now
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files (x86)/ESET/ESET Online Scanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:
- How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
- Eset Log.