Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop being redirected to mobile sites (IE / Firefox)

• Please log in to reply

Russ2626

Russ2626

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I visit certain webpages using my laptop, I am now being redirected to the mobile version of the website and cannot access the standard version. This has happened on quite a few sites such as the Guardian, and when I was installing Spotify I received a message about it being unable to detect which mobile I was using.

I think this may have started after my home internet was slow and I used my phone as a Wifi hotspot (Android) to share the internet to my laptop. This was only temporary and I have now reconnected to my home internet but am still being redirected to mobile sites (have tried using Internet Explorer and Firefox with the same result).

Is there any way to stop being redirected to mobile sites?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Russ.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Try clearing all your browser history and cache in all your web-browsers.
The easiest & quickest way to do that is with a small but versatile utility called "Ccleaner" from here:
http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

Make sure all your web-browsers are closed before running Ccleaner.