Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need urgent help

• Please log in to reply

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
well i try to go to my emails (hotmail and gmail) but the school proxy or something like that doesnt allow me can anyone tell me how to go through this

thanks in advance

Advertisements

raziel00

raziel00

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi demirkol,

Look here in montreal canada, i finished my college degree in computer networking.

During my years, our class and the teacher who was responsible for the network security, established new rules to prevent students from surfing the net while during class and not paying attention to the teacher.

No one could use a proxy, or ftp or anything, the only way throught was from the inside we had one connection we built with the agreement of the administrators for our class part of our study.

Basically what im trying to say, without an insider to give you access to the outside, i dont think you can check your mail.

Sorry.
Good Luck anyways

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
but there is this proxy that lets me go on to resticted websites but when i try to use the same proxy for emails it doesnt let me isnt there something like that or it i change some options would it work?

raziel00

raziel00

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Since i dont know how they work i cant answer you, if the proxy you use may have some kind of restrictions concerning web based email sites. Since a proxy can be used only by placing info lets say in internet explore like an ip address and port, that is the only options you can input.

If you cant access the website especialy if its not only but many in the same type maybe your not allowed to wisit those sites.

Edited by raziel00, 29 May 2005 - 08:40 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Sorry but we are NOT here to help you circumvent your school's internet use policies for any reason..

If you want those websites available, then ask your IT Dept to free them up.. Otherwise, wait until you get home.. There is NO reason to be using school systems to check personal email!!!

Murray