Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Change Language?

• Please log in to reply

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi,
How do I change the language on XP SP3?
My mate has asked me to look at his laptop as it is stuck in Bulgarian or something.
I cannot even see UK English or something simular in the regional and language settings.

I have an xp disk but it is not the original for the machine, can I access the language packs on it?
TIA
Tom

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Control Panel >> Regional and Language Options.
Click the [Languages] tab.
Click "Details" button
In the [Settings] tab, click the "Add" button.
Select "English" as Input language and the same for Keyboard layout/IME

After you click "OK" you should see "English" under "Installed services"

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 20 May 2011 - 04:37 AM.

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks Phillip,
I've been messing around with those settings for the past few days and are now convinced that there is no English setting on it full stop!
It seems it was loaded with a Hungarian install in the first place and the English pack is not there.
From the research i have done it seems this is a common problem and no one seems to have a clear cut answer to it, maybe someone on here does but my patience ran thin and I went for a fresh install (In English I may add :) ).

Thanks once again.