Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Recovery removed, still having symptoms.

• Please log in to reply

RyanBeamer

RyanBeamer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok here it is. I cant download anything withought putting it on a thumb drive first from a seperate computer. My symptoms are even going as far as to not letting me change my desktop background or veiw videos on youtube. All of my songs and pictures and things of that nature are still on my computer but windows media wont recover the songs into the library. There are also some files on my C:drive that seem like they shouldnt be there. this is the name of one of these files...{1CBD4EC1-4187-4AAC-B8D5-CAFAB0504257}. There are also folder of the same name type located in my program folder and when opened they contain an x86 folder which opens to a DIFxInstallLog. If you could help me get rid of the remains of this virus it would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements