Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus p8z68-v pro

• Please log in to reply

TroyNguyen

TroyNguyen

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
What is a good RAM for it?

I was wondering if this would work with it.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231314

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
That RAM will work with your motherboard based on the specs. I checks the Asus website and for some reason, they don't have any listed memory on their compatibility list so you can't be 100% sure there won't be any issues. There also isn't anything listed under compatible CPU's either. Maybe they just haven't updated things yet because of it being a new board.

On a side note, I bought the exact same RAM for the new system I built a couple days ago and have no complaints. WEI gives it a score of 7.8 if that helps.

TroyNguyen

TroyNguyen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

That RAM will work with your motherboard based on the specs. I checks the Asus website and for some reason, they don't have any listed memory on their compatibility list so you can't be 100% sure there won't be any issues. There also isn't anything listed under compatible CPU's either. Maybe they just haven't updated things yet because of it being a new board.

On a side note, I bought the exact same RAM for the new system I built a couple days ago and have no complaints. WEI gives it a score of 7.8 if that helps.

Thanks very much