Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyka camera units do not work

• Please log in to reply

SDobbie

SDobbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought 6 video pens of ebay for 15 pounds. The seller said that they needed their batteries replaced. I did that an not one of them works. I have connected them to the computer and heres some info from device manager.
It comes up as an unknown device.

hardware ids
USB\VID_0471&PID_0666&REV_0100
USB\VID_0471&PID_0666

problem code
0000001C
Also none of them turn on when i connect a battery. Does anyone know how to check their firmware or hack into them in some way? They are made by a company called Anyka.
Posted Image

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

"It comes up as an unknown device"

Typically, this indicates that the device's third-party driver needs to be installed since Windows does not have a suitable driver of it's own.
There are some Anyka device drivers listed here, but there appears to be no manufacturer's website that I can find (which would have been preferrable):
http://list.drivergu...st/company3379/

However, if the pens themselves do not work with fresh batteries, installing a driver isn't going to help. You'll have to take that up with the seller.