Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacing "C" drive

• Please log in to reply

Buster5104

Buster5104

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I replaced my "C" drive (XP-Home) and now it will not recognize my existing slave. It shows up in computer management as a dynamic drive and after following their porocedure in the help section using the command prompt, the final message was "this system does not support dynamic drives". Problem is it never left the computer. Only the "C" drive was replaced. There is no drive letter assigned so it doesn't show up in windows explorer. I moved all my files to it and have programs installed and now i can't access it. HELP!!!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

XP Pro can recognise and read data on dynamic volumes, but XP Home can't.
Did you by any chance have a different version of Windows installed before you replaced the system drive?