Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Broswer Does NEVER opens correct search spage.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

NM5070

NM5070

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello There!
I am having trouble with my internet. This started on the just a couple of days after I purchase this computer from dell. My Laptop is only 22 day old. The problem I am having is with the internet. It doesn't matter what internet search engine I use it still doesn't take me to the correct web page or site I am looking for. I have tried using both internet explorer and Fire Fox. When I go to goolge or bing or any web site and search for simples web site like netflix or coupons.com even allrecipe.com it doesn't load the correct page. When I click on the web page it always load another weird web page. It sometimes go to Mevbo, or some type of virius page. The only way I can actaully go to a specific web site is if I click on Cached just beside the web page link. Another problem I am also having with the internet is a little box always pops out of no where telling my I have a virius on the computer and it need to load a software, with in sec it opens up a page that looks like my computer with files and starts to download this file. I always stop it before it load everything on my screen. I have tried everything to fix this problem which include buying Macafee, AVG and eveing getting a Malware software. I tried to do a system restore and even reboot the computer to factory default. Nothing has worked and I am so tired. Can someone please help me stop these events from reoccuring. I really appreciate all of you help, thank you.

Advertisements

ldtate

ldtate

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 1,874 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...03#entry2014703