Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wish i were a geek.......

• Please log in to reply

sultanmad

sultanmad

• Pip
  • 5 posts
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=1][COLOR=green] :tazz:
i have been to several sites that offer free scans, but i cannot afford to pay for the fix. my computer runs very s l o w, taking forever to get anywhere. when i THINK i'm finally there, i get "program not responding......end task...etc" it also sounds like the comp. is doing some work of it's own brrrrt brrrt...like superfast typing, especially when i'm out of the room.i've cleaned off all my kid's games, and also defragmented..........don't laugh! i know there is so much more i should know, i am technologically constipated tho. anyone w/time and patience, please help me? thanks so much!
ok, i can't figure out why it's showing the font etc. that i chose........oh well

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
first things first...go to downloads.com and download AD-AWARE and SPYBOT...both of these will be found in the top ten of the fifty most downloaded programs found a the bottom of the page once you access the site. once you have installed both programs run them one at a time. it's important that before doing a scan with either program you have it check for updates. there is an option for this on both programs...it's all pretty 123 once the programs are installed...let me know how it goes...

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Get tune Up utilities 2004 run the program and see if it helps you any.