Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google video and voice setup file

• Please log in to reply

darkstorm

darkstorm

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Windows Vista Desktop
32bit OS
Firefox 3.6

I just downloaded Google video and voice setup..now I did take the time to read through the forum and see if their was a solution already in place and I found something similar to my problem but the catch is..The Google's video and voice pack was never unpacked after I downloaded it...So their is no uninstaller to use, so after a few tries of opening it I decided to delete the file, upon trying to do so, it asked me for administrator approval and normally a box pops up and I click to approve it... but it does give me that option and it does not show up in my Add/Remove files..the file is currently on my desktop but I can't remove it...Any suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

If the package was never unpacked, that means it was never installed, so obviously there will be no uninstaller since there's nothing to uninstall, and for the same reason it won't appear in Add-Remove Programs either.

If the downloaded package cannot be deleted, often all that's required is to restart Windows. Then try deleting it.

darkstorm

darkstorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Welcome to Geeks2Go!

If the package was never unpacked, that means it was never installed, so obviously there will be no uninstaller since there's nothing to uninstall, and for the same reason it won't appear in Add-Remove Programs either.

If the downloaded package cannot be deleted, often all that's required is to restart Windows. Then try deleting it.

Thank you... I will try that out and will keep you posted

darkstorm

darkstorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Problem resolved...Zip file deleted after rebooting...
Thank you very much for your help