Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

blue screen cofe

• Please log in to reply

mick burnage

mick burnage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
the code that i am getting on my toshiba a130 laptop is

stop :ox0000008e ( 0xc0000005,0x8056f88b 0xbaaafa94, 0x00000000 )

can anyone please help iam normaly good with p.c's as i build them for friends and family mainly as a hobby but this blue screenn is beyond me

thanks mick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You will no doubt know from your experience that this usually indicates a ram isue. However it may not be faulty ram, but a memory issue caused by a driver or process attempting to access memory at a higher level than authorised.

Download this and run it, click the anlayse button and if crash dumps are enabled, it will provide you with the likely cause.

Then if appropriate run memtest or phiyscially test the ram if more then one stick is inplace.