Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PFN_List_Corrupt

• Please log in to reply

mik234

mik234

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I’ve been getting BSOD messages for about a week, and when I reboot I have a list of problems come up I hit the reset button a few times and machine will boot to normal desktop. But the BSOD’s will start again or other errors. Safe mode does the same thing.

Some of the error messages are:
PFN_list_corrup
Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal
Error about Win32k.sys and lsass.exe
And this one: windows could not start because the following file was missing or corrupt
\windows\system32\config\system

All the errors happened at different times some during bootup, others while system was up running well. My browser and MS word closes by itself sometimes too.
This is how my problem started, I got a virus, I formatted harddrive try to reinstall windows but couldn’t kept getting error, so I installed linux then reinstalled windows and it worked. After a day or two errors started within windows. Just recently the errs have gotten worse. I don’t have antivirus software and no new devices. Switched settings to do a kernel dump but cant understand it when I opend file in WinDbg. I am very greatful for any help. Thank you for reading.

Edited by mik234, 20 May 2011 - 06:06 PM.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hello mik234 -
Re : PFN_list_corrupt, This link may help explain some of the problem .
Item 4E from memory on the Left Side -
Please post back if this is no help to you.

Thank You

Edited by noknojon, 21 May 2011 - 12:28 AM.

mik234

mik234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I just ran Windows Memory Diagnostic, and the physical memory failed several tests and passed a few. I have non ECC memory so I think the memory is corrupt, from some [bleep] virus. Is it possible for virus etc. to corrupt memory?
Thanks for you help.