Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

copy issues

• Please log in to reply

Tech-No

Tech-No

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having issues with my Vista o.s. on a Dell XPS 410...it will not copy correctly. Highlighting is lost art with this keyboard (logitec). When I attempt to highlight, it will not follow smoothly and may only highlight a word or half a word. Sometimes it will move what I have highlighted to a new location in the sentence. After several attempts I may...or may not...get everything highlighted and either deleted, cut or copied. Frustrating. This same computer crashed last summer and has not been the same since. Any ideas?

T-N

Advertisements

yelbers

yelbers

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Mine was doing that not too long ago. Turns out my internal hard drive wasn't reading anything correctly. I gave up and had to buy a new one. Then I upgraded my OS by installing Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) and gave up on Windows.

I'm not saying that is your problem but it wouldn't hurt to look into hardware issues..

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Not sure this is a hardware problem. Certainly it would not hurt to try another keyboard. Can you highlight with the mouse okay?

Have you scanned for malware? Any errors in Device Manager?

Tech-No

Tech-No

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When the computer crashed a new hard drive was installed...possibly if it wasn't installed correctly that would cause the issue?

Tech-No

Tech-No

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I will try another keyboard to see if that makes a difference. I have run for malware but came up with nothing.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

...possibly if it wasn't installed correctly that would cause the issue?

Well, if not installed properly, you would be having a lot more issues than this.