Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Protection Scanning Load's Of Detected Thret's , Copy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

M.Spencer

M.Spencer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello ,

Im In Urgent Help Please

First Is The Most Urgent One Is That I Got A Video Downloader My Friend Insisted To Get & The Next Minute I Get This Malware Protection Popping Up Saying I Have Mounts Of Virus's & Thret's Detected , Now Just Then A Monkey Or Some Animal Noise Came On The Screen & It Now Say's Firewall Warning :_ malware protection had dected a leak of my files through the internet they recommend me to block the attacks quick ( hidden file transfer to remote host has been detected ) but i crnt access the internet what so ever plus there asking for fees to pay which at the moment i crnt pay this laptop was ok til now and is used frequently by soldiers which i dont want information they have used getting out !!

Also At The Bottom Of My Screen It Say's the copy of this windows isnt genuine !! I Dont Understand !!

Please Can Someone Help My As Im So Upset & Shaking With Worry As I Dont Know How These Got Here.

Thanks

Michelle

230741_131887643553826_100001977747917_216136_293703_n.jpg

225895_131887916887132_100001977747917_216139_8002852_n.jpg

248182_131888453553745_100001977747917_216141_3479651_n.jpg

227899_131888610220396_100001977747917_216142_5490297_n.jpg

Edited by SweetTech, 22 May 2011 - 11:37 AM.
moved from Malware forum.--ST

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the appropriate forum and wait for help.

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

I'm Dakeyras and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:

• I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
  • Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Before we start:

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Scan with RogueKiller:

Please download RogueKiller to your desktop

Alternate download is here.

• Quit all running programs
  • Double-click on RogueKiller.exe to start the application.
  • When prompted, type 1 then depress the Enter/Return key.
  • The RKreport.txt shall be generated next to the executable.
  • If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe
Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next Reply.

M.Spencer

M.Spencer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Sorry

Im Not Aware If You Read My Full Subject I Crnt Download Nothing To The Laptop As The Internet Wont Work The Malware Closes The Browser Page , Im Writing Of My Friends Laptop.

Thankyou

Michelle

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

My apologies for the misunderstanding, we will merely take a different approach. We will require a USB Flash type drive for the following....

On you friend's computer you are using now:-

Flash Disinfector:

• Please download Flash_Disinfector and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click to run it.
  • You will be prompted to plug in your flash drive. Plug it in.
  • Flash_Disinfector will start disinfecting your flash and hard drives. This takes a few seconds. Your desktop will disappear in the meantime.
  • When done, a message box will appear. Click OK. Your desktop should now appear. If it doesn't, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
  • Click on File > New Task (Run...). Type in explorer.exe and press Enter. Your desktop should now appear.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Next:

Then download RogueKiller to the USB drive and transfer it to your infected machine and run it as per my last post. Then post the log for my review and we will go from there OK.

M.Spencer

M.Spencer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

Thats No Problem Maybe My Typing Is Not Correct haha

Is There Any Other Way To Do So As My Friends Laptop She Will Not Let Me Use As Its Military Use So She Doesnt Want Nothing To Do With It Which I Can Understand ,

Do You Live Locally ?

Michelle

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

I only provide assistance in a online environment, IE via this forum.

OK I both appreciate your friends stance and respect that. Going to be problematic if we have no way to transfer any tools to the infected machine.

What we can try is something called Safe Mode with Networking as follows...

How to boot into Safe Mode:

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap the F8 key. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking, do so.

If any problems refer to this tutorial.

In Safe Mode with Networking mode carry out the following:

Download RogueKiller to your infected machine and run it as per my post here. Then post the log for my review and we will go from there OK.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.