Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERUDT

• Please log in to reply

maryann13

maryann13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good Morning,

I have read a similar post to this but I'm not a computer whiz and I don't know what UAC stands for and in my case it is an error with automatic backup.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. ERUNT is on automatic backup. Was working great before 2 Dell Technicians did some remote troubleshooting on my laptop.I'm not a computer whiz. Please help.

unable to create file:
C:\Windows\ERDNT\AutoBackup\22-05-2011\ERDNT.INF

Registry backup will continue, but no restore information for the ERDNT program will be saved. This means that later restoration of the registry can only be done manually, by using another OS to copy back the files.

Nothing is Saved. Clicking O.K. produces the next message.

Error saving file
C:\Windows\ERDNT\Autobackup\22-05-2011\BCD!

continue with next file?

[RegCreateKeyEx:5 - Access is denied]

I would be grateful if you could help. Also, should I be backing up manually and if so can you please instruct on how to do thi with erndt.
Thank you

Advertisements