Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New headphones with a Mic ya!

• Please log in to reply

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Hey all, yesterday i bought some new headphones and they came with a mic attached to them however i cant get the mic to work. there is something wrong because i have a web camera with a built in mic and that acts like a mic. So i went to "control pannel" > "Sounds & whatever" > "Voice Tab" and selected my onboard sound card as my default mic thing, because thats where my mic is pluged in. Then i went to try it again, and it still didnt work! and my web camera didn't work as well! How do i make my mic from my headphones the default mic?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Sure the mute box wasn't ticked?

Ntd

Ntd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
100% positive. This has me really baffled? I know its not faulty because i tested it on another rig and wam-bam worked straight away! I am starting to hate this web cam! I uninstalled the web cam and that didn't work! Maybe i should uninstall the USB sound codecs but i am not 100% sure what they do and if other programs use it and if i can restore it if i need to.

PS - I dont have the net at home so i can only check this when i am at uni.

Edited by Ntd, 30 May 2005 - 07:53 PM.

Ntd

Ntd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
[QUOTE]Sure the mute box wasn't ticked?[QUOTE]

;) Admin your a champ! It comes with a like controler on the cord, and that had the mic to set to mute.

Thanks Admin ;) :tazz: