Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Some Mem info Help

• Please log in to reply

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I just did an everest scan of my rig and noticed that my memory speed is 3200 but that my mem bus bandwidth is 2133 mb/s. here's my question, does the mem bus value mean that my mem is actually only running at 2100 instead of its capable 3200?

i've always been confused with this concept and would appericiate some clarification,

thanks

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If your RAM is DDR400 (PC3200) then it is capable of running at an effective FSB of 400MHz (hence DDR400) with a bandwith in single channel mode of 3200MB/s (hence PC3200)

However if yours is running at 2100MB/s, then it suggests that your memory is underclocked to 266MHz. (133MHz x 2).

This is probably because your CPU is running at this FSB in which case, unless your bios allows you to set the RAM FSB independently of the CPU FSB, then you stuck with this speed. Increasing it will overclock the CPU.

nestorey

nestorey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
thank-yuh thank-yuh