Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't update one thing

• Please log in to reply

wright3279

wright3279

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
When I do Microsoft update I get that a critical update is KB2467174. It appears to download it, but fails on the instalation and says "Insert the Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable disk Service Pack 1". I have no such disk. All other updates are OK.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

Please note you don't need the disk, just download and install the exe file from Microsofts website which can be found here and then try the update again and that should fix that problem.

Thanks

Edited by wizzy2k5, 23 May 2011 - 02:24 PM.

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I've done that. It's when I do a Windows Update it tells me there is a security update and thats when I have the problem described.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello, I would like you to stop and then start the Windows update service and try again, to do this read below

Click start and goto run
Type services.msc and hit enter
Go down to windows update and double click this
Press stop then apply
Now click start and apply
Now click ok and exit services

Now read the following article by Microsoft which can be found here

Instead of performing the task your-self you may wish to download Microsoft Fix it from that page

Edited by wizzy2k5, 24 May 2011 - 08:17 PM.