Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"Asus p8Z68-V Pro" & 2 x "Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600

• Please log in to reply

EvigOptimist

EvigOptimist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I am working on choosing the components for my first custom PC. I wish to have 16GB Ram on this system. I am considering the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro motherboard. I read some good reviews about "Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 8 GB (2x4GB) CL9" and the price wasn't that bad either. So I was wondering if I could install 2 x "Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 8 GB (2x4GB) CL9" [so 4x4GB = 16GB] on the ASUS motherboard.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
I recommend you go out to ASUS and look on that motherboard's site. It will have a QVL - qualified vendor list - for both RAM and CPUs they have tested and verified will work with that board. You do not have to buy from that list, but it is certain those should work. If you buy off the list, then just make sure you buy RAM with the same specs as those on the list and you should have no problems.

EvigOptimist

EvigOptimist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the helpful advice Digerati :)