Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 running at 100% CPU usage

• Please log in to reply

gary1210

gary1210

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
My laptop is running at 100% cpu usage with only 5 proccess's running, but when I open tuneup task manager and check, that cpu % of all the apps running only adds up to 73%.

I have uninstalled norton update (ccSvcHst.exe) and it didn't help.

I thought it might be malware and originally posted in the malware section.

The helper from malware removal said to post a link to the orignal topic. http://www.geekstogo...-100-cpu-usage/

Thanks.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I may not add up right due to how your notebook support its graphics. Still 73% is high if it is sitting up there.

What do you mean, only 5 "processes"?

From TM > Performance tab, can you see in there what is using your CPU resources?

gary1210

gary1210

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Sorry it was 5 applications running and 57 processes.

When I clicked on "reply to topic" the cpu jumped to 100% , and now next to the firefix icon in TM it says "Replying to windows 7 running at 100%"

Screen shot:

Posted Image

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Why are you running the virus removal tool? That should not be running unless you have a virus and are trying to remove it. That is not Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

Again, TM should tell you which application and process is eating the most up.