Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe application error 0x7d4caa9b

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
TFC - my post 23

Advertisements

skigirl1689

skigirl1689

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks, just completed the TCF.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks.
How is the computer at loading Windows, speed wise and how is it at opening a browser window etc. In short how is it performing generally.

PLs go start, run and type msconfig.
Click the startup tab and send me a screnshot of all itmes that have a check tick in the box on the left of the window

That is when you have msconfig open, press the print scren key, then go start, programs, accessories, paint and click the edit tab, then click paste and the msconfig will appear in paint . Then click the File tab and then click Save as and on File type change it to JPEG, as Bitmap is too large.
The on your reply, use full editor and attach the file from Paint that you have just saved.

skigirl1689

skigirl1689

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I had to do two shots as the dialog box would not enlarge so I cropped them and they are both in the paint file.

Attached Thumbnails

• scrn shots.JPG

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
On the lower image uncheck all boxes except CTFMON
The other items will still function as normal but you do NOT need them running at startup.

On the upper im age uncheck all except
KBD
RTHDCPL
HPWuSCH2
MSSECES

Then click Apply and OK.
Reboot and you will receive a message to say that system configuration utility etc.
Simply check the small box, not to show again.

AND

How is the computer at loading Windows, speed wise and how is it at opening a browser window etc. In short how is it performing generally.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I suggest you download this and run it, once a month or so
http://www.atribune....id=25&Itemid=25
The main tab is for internet explorer and there is a spearate firefox tab.
On the main tab DO NOT CHECK prefetch, as windows will simply need to rebuild it.
That is only for use if you believe there is a reason to delete the prefetch files.

The program uses hardly any resources and is an ideal way to clear your browsing history, cache etc very throughl;y.

For normal use you can use the delete browsing history and clear history I outlined on a previous post.
This really depending on the frequency and extent of your browsing should be at the least a weekly task.

The last job is to run this please
2. Run this please. Send me the url, that is the web address of the results page.
When you are on the results simply copy and paste the address bar.

I want you to run the overdrive test. Please do not download the suggested drivers from the results.
I merely want to see what it says.
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to "Run as Administrator". After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
RUN the test ANON
That is at the end of the page that opens - when you click the Overdrive test
If you do not wish to create a free user account, you can still run overdrive anonymously

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 26 May 2011 - 04:40 PM.

skigirl1689

skigirl1689

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I do think everything is running faster/better but then again, I hardly use this computer.

skigirl1689

skigirl1689

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Here is the link to the test results:

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24383535

Edited by skigirl1689, 26 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Update Java
Tha main reason is that updates for this are mainly issued to combat security weaknesses
http://www.java.com/...ows_new_xpi.jsp
You have
Java™ 6 Update 20
(6.0.200) Sun Microsystems, Inc. 9/11/10 That is on the software tab, installed software of PC Pitstop.

Also PC Pitstop reprots your audio drive for the Realtek audio out of date. However if it is working OK and the computer is not used for enhaced audio matters I would leave it.. That is on the drivers tab. However you are always best going to the HP site for that Pavilion and downloading drivers from there, rather than relying on what is offered by programs such as PC Pitstop - good as it is for the purpose we have used it for.
Sound,video and game controllers Realtek High Definition Audio Realtek 1/23/06
5213 Posted Image

You should certainly do this
Reduce System Restore Capacity Performance 28614 MBThere is little to be gained by having 28Gb of system restore space.
Go start, right click my computer, click properties, click the system restore tab, and then having selected c drive, click settings and move the slider to the left to about 7000Mb. or 3%

There is nothing else of real note.
I have enjoyed working with you.
Please come back whenever you need .

skigirl1689

skigirl1689

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thank you again for all of your help! I truly appreciate it!

Advertisements

uflraptor

uflraptor

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Download this to another computer.
Save the file, transfer it to this computer and run the program
http://www.softpedia...load-15337.html

In answer to your question, anything is possible but at this time I suspect the failed download and with respect your attempt to fix the problem.

THANKS YOU SO MUCH.

I am very sorry I break any rules here but I had to say thank you and how appreciative I ma of this community and this post particularly.

I have spent parts of 2 day working to fix a problem on a laptop for friend. I even called IT for our work and they were of no help. I found this site and this post by doing a google search, and I am so thankful I did.

I followed the above instructions and was thrilled to pieces to find that it fixed my problem.

I took the time to register as a member of this site just so I could say “Thank you”.

I appreciate your help. I look forward to exploring the rest of this great site and learning more about this community.

Shawn.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
uflraptor
Pleased it worked for you and thanks for posting the appreciation.
You are more than welcome.

chernomorsk

chernomorsk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'd like to thank you Macboatmaster for such a great and detailed explanation. THANK YOU, VERY MUCH !!!!!