Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Number of Problems

• Please log in to reply

clutteredcactus

clutteredcactus

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay, so on April 1st of this year I was watching a movie and browsing some Wikipedia. I got hit with a rogue antivirus and it [bleep]ed my computer up. I managed to get rid of it, but I still have some problems I use spyware doctor for my scans and my Microsoft security essentials or whatever its called.. My Windows defender won't work I get the Error 0x8007043c. Also I haven't played the Sims in sometime so I went to install it today and it says play instead of install and when I looked in the Control Panel to uninstall it its not there so I don't know whats going on. Also if I click play it says Unload the Debugger and try again.
Someone please help!
Thank you!

Advertisements

gorham

gorham

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Hello clutteredcactus and welcome to geeks to go. Since you say you've been hit with a rogue antivirus, I suggest you read this
and start a topic here

The experts here will work with you to get your computer completely clean. :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I agree with the above but also note Windows Defender is disabled by the install routine of MSE. Windows Defender is an anti-spyware program. MSE is an anti-malware program, and includes WD's anti-spyware features.

clutteredcactus

clutteredcactus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you very much! :)