Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

diskmgmt.msc in windows 7

• Please log in to reply

seal6

seal6

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have windows 7 ultimate installed on my dell Inspiron N5010 machine.I had a preinstalled windows 7 home basic.

I have currently 4 partitions:

OEM
Recovery
1 Primary partition with aorund 250 GB
1 extended partition with 2 logical drives.

Whats My Problem??

Out of the free 225 GB , the maximum available shrinked space available is 128 gb (thats is understable ,due to unmovable files ~hibernation files etc).I shrinked it to maximum capacity to create a new unallocated space of 128 gb.But when I tried to create a simple volume, it gave me an error~You cannot create a new volume in this unallocated partition beacause the disk has already maximum number of partitions.

I guess,out of the permissible 4 partitions in disk management without using any 3rd party software,I have used it all.And when I tried to create a new simple volume, it is creating another partition.

Real Problem:
How to create a logical drive from primary partition??

PS:I tried PM, but it gave me a launch error.

Advertisements