Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IS THERE ANY WAY TO EDIT THE CONTENTS OF A ZIP FILE WITHOUT LOOSING TH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

unknown6024

unknown6024

• Pip
  • 3 posts
IS THERE ANY WAY TO EDIT THE CONTENTS OF A ZIP FILE WITHOUT LOOSING THE SIGNATURE OF IT.

Firstly HI to everyone.
Im totally new to this forum and this is my first post. So, sorry if this is violating any forum rules. And again sorry if this is not the right place to post.

Ok, coming to the point.
I had with me a zip file (of memory 15MB) signed by a company. Dam sure it is impossible to get the signature of it. I wanted to just replace a file inside the zip file. It was just 3MB. But this has to be done without loosing the signature. The signature is primary importance actually. Is there any chance (atleast 1%), so that i can replace the content without loosing the signature. And the zip file is not password protected. It is only signature protected. I can extract the contents of that zip file using winrar. But i cant edit the embedded contents of the zip file (without loosing signature) using winrar (and that is what signature is meant for).

PLS tell me if there is any chance that i can do this.
Thanks in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by bharatgaddameedi, 24 May 2011 - 01:24 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I had with me a zip file (of memory 15MB) signed by a company
Dam sure it is impossible to get the signature of it. I wanted to just replace a file inside the zip file.

This sounds very suspicious. If you want to replace the file then talk to the company about it. Other wise it sounds to me you are trying to disguise something. :)

unknown6024

unknown6024

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I had with me a zip file (of memory 15MB) signed by a company
Dam sure it is impossible to get the signature of it. I wanted to just replace a file inside the zip file.

This sounds very suspicious. If you want to replace the file then talk to the company about it. Other wise it sounds to me you are trying to disguise something. :)

I understand it is suspicious. But it is not for bad purposes. The problem is related to rooting android, the way the bootloaders are locked with encrypted signatures. They never let us to own our devices. They just think it of business and let us access to nothing, even our own hardware.

Anyhow, i think it must be impossible. But making a try just like that. Sorry mod if it is against rules.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

They just think it of business and let us access to nothing, even our own hardware.

Yep this is where it becomes a issue since they do not want their employees having access to those parts then it would be something they would have to help you with.
We cannot assist in what is basically a security measure put in place by your company and by passing it.

unknown6024

unknown6024

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

They just think it of business and let us access to nothing, even our own hardware.

Yep this is where it becomes a issue since they do not want their employees having access to those parts then it would be something they would have to help you with.
We cannot assist in what is basically a security measure put in place by your company and by passing it.

OK thanks. Then this thread might be useless. Pls do close it.

Atleast i understood that it is not impossible. But has bigger issues. That's ok.