Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i deleted some of my IE files...

• Please log in to reply

wmb

wmb

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
i had a bad spyware problem so i deleted'em kuz i'm dumb... i tried to simply reinstall IE but it decets a newer version... i cant uninstall the entire thing for the life of me... i think if i could just uninstall it, i could reinstall it and i would be peachy... unless u have a better idea?

i think i deleted some java plug ins or sumthin... idk... help plzzzzzz

Advertisements

wmb

wmb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
and also... when i try to click on internet options it says "this operation has been restricted due to restrictions in effect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" now... i'm the only 1 that uses this comp... erhmmmm :tazz:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
lol dude just download mozilla firefox or either netscape web browser.

Either will run just fine. Type one or the other i listed in a search engine and download it.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Use ANY browser besides Internet Explorer, almost every exploit is crafted to take advantage of an IE weakness. We usually recommend FireFox

Edited by phybyr0ptyk, 31 May 2005 - 09:58 PM.

wmb

wmb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i have firefox, but i need IE to check my email, and my sbc yahoo dsl browser appearently runs off IE files, kuz it wont work anymore either... and my yahoo msgr will not function properly either... I NEED IE BACK

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Dude, I know we all need IE to complete our many daily tasks, but all I am saying is possess the know-how to use IE SAFELY

On a more serious note: Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest for freedom. :tazz:

wmb

wmb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
efwiz got me fixed up... thanx anyway