Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is this any good?

• Please log in to reply

Quanta

Quanta

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well, it seems everybody is up to date on all their computers and are talking about all their specifications and about how good their computers are. What I want to know is how good mine is. Here are my stats for my comp:

System:
MS WindowsXP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Computer:
AMD Athlon X2200+
1.80ghz, 224 MB of RAM

So, am I in need of a serious up date?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Totally depends on what you want it to do.. Personally, all I would do is boost the ram up to 512megs..

I use an old P3-866; 512 megs - most of the time (better half gets the P4-3.2ghz for some reason) as it does everything I need it to..

Murray

Quanta

Quanta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I generally use it for making graphics, internet, word processing and a couple games and that's it.

How much would an upgrade like that cost?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
If you know the make and model of your system or the make and model of your motherboard, just go to www.crucial.com and do a search for them..

They will tell you exactly what you can use and, if you buy from them, they guarantee it will work or your money back!!

Murray