Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Connected Directly to PC

• Please log in to reply

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Okay so every time that I connect my computer directly to the router it seems to take a while before the Computer gets a internet connection.

Does anyone know why this occurs, it happens to all my computers.

Is there anyway to make it get connected faster??

because i have to like connect and disconnect the cable a couple of times before i get a connection..

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Are you using the same cable and router? Have you tried using different cables and/or different router?

Edit: Also define what sort of time frame you are talking here. Like 20 seconds or 20 minutes?

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Yeah I have tried several cables and computers all the same not that long but at least like 3-5 min. Before it gets connected. not really a big issue just wondering why does that happen and is it normal?

Edited by rshaffer61, 26 May 2011 - 11:53 AM.
took off caps since it is considered yelling in chat

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Well if you changed cables and it happens with all computers...sounds like it have to be something wrong with the router....

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Well if you changed cables and it happens with all computers...sounds like it have to be something wrong with the router....

Exactly what I was getting at. I would suspect a router issue.