Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Logo freezes

• Please log in to reply

zane_is_zebow

zane_is_zebow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

My XP has worked fine for a while now, but yesterday after locking up, I had to manually restart it using the power button on the computer. When I went to boot it back up, it began to boot fine, but stopped at the Windows XP Pro logo with the blue loading bar moving from left to right. The bar continues to move, but 20 minutes of waiting hasn't gotten it past this logo screen. I've tried system restore, but it did the same thing. I then tried sys restore and went to safemode. Restore came up and said that the restore was successful, so I tried to restart again, and it locked up in the logo screen once again. Now, the compute boots in safemode, but as soon as it reaches the desktop, the Icons don't load and it locks up where Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't even stir it.

This laptop is pretty old, and I will probably buy a new one before the fall semester, but I would REALLY like this one to last until the summer's end. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Advertisements