Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google search bar problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

guitwiz

guitwiz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi,
I have google assigned as my default search engine, but recently the upper right bar doesn't yeild a link to google search results when I enter text to search. Instead it goes to:

http://64.233.232.17...ex.html?q=(text I searched for)

How can I fix this? I made google my homepage so I can search from their site but would like to be able to use the bar in the upper right hand corner like I used to. Please help - thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try here...How to fix Google Redirects

guitwiz

guitwiz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thank you for trying to help.
I tried everything on the list for the google fix, but the final scan did not find any infection.
So the next thing to do according to the instructions was then to go to virus fixing...BUT,
since the page I was being redirected to was the search page for my cable provider - WOW! I decided to call them to see if they could help first. For all others who have this problem, here is the easy 30 second solution!!!

Go to the bottom right hand corner of the WOW! search page and click on 'Opt out of this service'
That's it!! You're done!! Problem solved!!! You can now search google from this bar again!!! :-)