Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card/CPU are overheating

• Please log in to reply

MBalance

MBalance

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys! I haven't been on this forum in years, nice to see it's still going strong.

As of late I've been having some serious issues with my gaming laptop.(I know I should I have a desktop :unsure: )

My laptop is an Asus N50VN-B1B
It has a Core2Duo P8600 CPU/4GB Ram/Nvidia 9650M GT

I've had the laptop for just over 2 years and the cooling module(fan?) seems to be dying on me, a few weeks ago it was making a whirling sound but lately I don't hear anything from it at all. I've installed Everest and it says that my see is only going 100RPM. If I blow out the fan with a can of air it goes about 800-1000RPM for an hour or two before dying back down to 100 again. I'm not really sure what to do here. The manufacturer's warranty has expired, I called up the E-store and asked to buy a new part but they don't have any in stock and don't plan on ever having any in stock, and blowing out the fan doesn't seem to help much. It seems like a huge waste to chunk a perfectly good computer due to the cooling module not functioning properly.

Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. The overheating has gotten so bad I can't play minecraft or even morrowind, if you help me you will so awesome in my book! :)

Thanks for reading

Summary: Laptop is overheating
Asus won't sell me a new cooling module/not sure how to fix the current one
I've blown out the cooling module with a can of air

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi MBalance :)
Download and run Speedfan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php provide a screenshot with your next reply so that your
fan speed and temp readings can be checked.
A guide to using Speedfan available @ http://forum-en.msi....?topic=109858.0