Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xphome sp2 and 80 gig hd

• Please log in to reply

designerguy0505

designerguy0505

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had whitebox linux installed on a 2nd hd and xp installed on my 1st hd well i deleated the partition on my 2nd hard and rebooted but i couldnt get back into xp because something called grub kept comming up so i put in a older blank drive and installed xp on that so i could atleast get going agian well when i hooked up the 80 gig hd that had windows and all my other information etc on it, It said it was only 30 gigs i ran the wd hard drive tool cd and it said unknown partation along with the 30 gig partition how can i recover my data and get back the full 80 gigs ?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Moving to other OS forum.

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i think your grub or linux is at BOOT sector .. mean to say it first boot and as your xp hard is secondary .. MOST OS boot from primaries .. if i m right in a sense ..