Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing ethernet / network drivers

• Please log in to reply

jtg22

jtg22

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
A friend recently helped me build a computer. I was going to finish updating it today, but it seems that he forgot to install the ethernet card drivers, so it can't connect to the internet currently. Furthermore, due to a recent move on my part, I won't have access to the cd's that came with the various computer parts for roughly a week or so.

Is there any website where I could download such drivers at on a different computer and then transfer them onto the new computer? Or, would it be best to wait a week and see if the disks have the information I need?

I can post the computer's dxdiag information if need be.

I apologize if this should be in hardware instead.

thank you

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What is the make and model of the motherboard you installed?
Then I can locate the correct drivers for it.

jtg22

jtg22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
The motherboard is a MSI P67A-C43 B3 Intel P67 motherboard, Is that the necessary information?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
MSI drivers page located HERE.
Make sure you change the OS to the correct one instaklled on the system so that the right drivers are shown.
Scroll down till you find the Nic card, Ethernet driver or Network driver.