Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1525 HDMI audio driver issue

• Please log in to reply

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi there!

Not sure if this is the place to post this but you all here have helped me several times with issues and I know, no better place but to come here. I have Inspiron 1525 which came with Windows Vista Home basic 32 bit. I have HDMI driver and I would connect my laptop to my Emerson HT- z320 using the HDMI cable and would watch DVD's with audio coming from TV speakers. I have since upgrade OS to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit and now the HDMI audio does not work. I know that I have the HDMI Driver as it shoes in the Device Manager and it says that it is working properly plus, I have tried to update the driver and it says that it is up to date. I have searched high and low on the internet and can't seem to find an answer or resolution to this problem. In the device manager it says that it is an Intel High Definition Audio HDMI I have also gone to the intel site to see if I can update the driver there but it is not recognizing the driver as being installed all it recognizes for audio is my Sigmatel driver. I really need to get this HDMI audio issue situated and hope that someone in this forum is able to assist me. I hope that I have provided enough information, however, should you require more pleaselet me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts
Hi TechyMom5
Unfortunately there are no W7 audio drivers for your device, see below;
Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Audio Driver for Windows Vista/XP: •SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio 6.10.0.5614, A03 for Windows Vista 32bits/64bits
SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio 5.10.0.5515 for Windows 2000/XP 32bits/64bits
Sigmatel 92XX HD sound card is not supported by Windows 7, to run Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with Windows 7, we recommend you to change a higher-level sound card.
The driver that you can see is for Vista, some info @ http://support.dell....7&isLegacy=true
Upgrade options;
http://www.overclock...id=1925&subcat= equivalent of $64.31 or a less expensive http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=340831031 which comes in at $4.26

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thank you very much. What I am looking for is to get my HDMI to work again when connected to the TV. None the less it appears that this is something I am going to have to live without....lol.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts
Sorry it was not better news but without any W7 driver available it will not work.
I have read in the past of instances where XP or Vista drivers have worked with W7
but I cannot vouch for this.