Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

10M DVI to HDMI cable Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply

Wuzupmyhomiz

Wuzupmyhomiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a 10M DVI to HDMI cable on ebay , works just fine , does what I want it to. Reason why i bought it is so I can play movies on my computer and have it play on my 47" TV , which is a lot better then the puny monitor I have.

Anyways down to the "problem" you could call it.

I noticed only recently , that this cable also supports audio transmission. I had no idea , but the only sound I ever hear from my TV from this cable are the message sound from Skype and the booting up sound from Skype.

I try playing music from iTunes and other methods but Skype is the only thing that can get through it. What can I do to enable sound from iTunes , VLC and Windows Media Player to play though this cable?

Any help appreciated

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, it shouldn't work at all if it's a straight DVI to HDMI connector, because DVI cables don't carry sound. Is the listing still on eBay, and if so what's its item number please?